The Artist within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge)

+2
maree
Maria
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge) Empty Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge)

Post by Maria Wed May 26, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Girls,

Thought I would challenge you with something different this time, you will need to go and buy a frozen yoghurt from the grocery store and I want you to make and create a little shabby basket in any kind of theme, you could use these to store your stash, as a gift container or as a swap item.....
Yes girls a swap will be coming with one of these so it's a great time to practise....
I will get an example done in the next couple of days, and yes there will be a rak giveaway if you make one.....
So go on what are you waiting for?
Maria
Maria
Admin

https://thescrapartistwithin.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge) Empty Re: Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge)

Post by maree Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am

oooooooooooooooh sounds good what size is the container
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge) Empty Re: Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge)

Post by Maria Wed May 26, 2010 8:31 am

you know the small frozen ones you get in the frozen section not sure of the size I'm going shopping for some yoghurt tomorrow lol so I can post a picture of what I will be using...
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maree Wed May 26, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks Maria...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by ngaire_b Wed May 26, 2010 9:04 am

Will have to add forzen yoghurt to the shopping list!
ngaire_b
ngaire_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 am

Also just had an idea if you don't have a yoghurt container what about using one of those small plastic pot plant containers that would work too....Because either way it's going to be covered on the outside.....
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi Wed May 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Sounds different
Judi
Judi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm

When these are altered I think your going to love how they turn out...
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 am

Here is where I got the idea off a Easter basket swap that a friend of mine in the US participated in.....
How gorgeous are these!
http://sweetnshabbyroses.blogspot.com/2010/02/easter-basket-swap.html
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

Wow - but not sure how to do a handle like that.....
Judi
Judi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 am

You could use wire or a pipe cleaner wrapped in ribbon for the handle Judi...
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 1:06 am

just checked this out Maria, LOOKS FAB !!!! i'll be in this!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu May 27, 2010 1:17 am

I thought an inspiration photo would help you to see how they look, I might do a couple for the xmas tree....
My friend Debi sent me a tiny tiny basket made out of one of those little paper drinking cups that you get your medication in at the hospital it's just so cute......
Look forward to seeing what you create.....
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 am

Maria, just got back from the supermarket and i have TWO FROZEN YOGHURT TUBS in my shopping basket!!!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu May 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Lol Noriel that is what I brought as well just in case I made a mistake on the first one....
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazzabee Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:55 am

I bought one on thursday night at shopping but still need to eat it. might do that to night. lol
Shazzabee
Shazzabee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris M Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 am

Too funny Sharon lol!

Chris M

Back to top Go down

Post by ngaire_b Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:44 am

I dont like frozen yoghurt and couldnt buy a tub just for the tub so I bought a paper mache pot from spotlight.
It is very funny about people having to eat the yoghurt first!
ngaire_b
ngaire_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Yeah my kids are like do you need anymore they always seem to stop at that spot in the freezer section lol......
Have my gluegun so will probably get a crack on mine over the weekend....
I used doublesided tape on one attempt and it's come out looking yuk so going to try with a good glue or gel medium and see if it works any better, but I have to hit spotlight so that is on my to do list on Thursday with hubby of course I haven't told him yet that I need to make a detour there lol...
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazzabee Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:48 am

well i ate my my frozen yoghurt last night hopefully DH doesn't throw it away when he puts the dishes away. will have to message him. lol
Shazzabee
Shazzabee

Back to top Go down

Post by ngaire_b Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:45 am

This is mine!
Recycle that frozen yoghurt container (Shabby basket challenge) Alteredpot001
Lots of fun to make!
ngaire_b
ngaire_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 am

Oh Ngaire that looks lovely how did you attach your handle did you use a glue gun, those colours are so pretty together....
Maria
Maria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ngaire_b Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 am

The handle is wire and I just twisted it around itself.
ngaire_b
ngaire_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:51 am

looks fab Ngaire, i really need to get started on mine!!! great idea about the handle I was wondering how to attach mine!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by maree Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:05 pm

buggar, I went shopping and forgot the bloody container.. I thought of it in there and came out without it......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next